Author Topic: What is a siphon nozzle you ask?  (Read 12668 times)

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
What is a siphon nozzle you ask?
« on: December 24, 2008, 09:59:03 pm »
According to Delavan Inc (www.delavaninc.com), a siphon nozzle can produce extremely fine spray particles at low air pressure.

Spray Characteristics:
  • Produces a solid cone spray pattern with extremely fine particle size at low air pressures and low CFM.
  • Flow rates, spray angles and droplet sizes can be modified, with limitations, by variations in air, lift, etc.
  • Clog free operation of low volume due to relatively large passages

Installation:
The air compressor should be capable of providing at least 10% more air than the specified values. All fuel and airline connections must be tight. Any leaks, especially in the fuel line, will have an adverse effect on the lift characteristics.

The nozzle will flow in either a horizontal or vertical position. The lift distance for a vertical mounted nozzle is measured from the liquid level to the end (face) of the nozzle. The lift distance for the horizontal mounting is shown in the installation drawing.

If the combustion application does not permit the use of a constant level device, excellent spray characteristics can be obtained using a fuel metering pump and an air compressor. It is also possible to operate the nozzle in a closed pressurized system utilizing air pressure for both lifting and atomizing the fuel
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 08:19:58 pm by Russ »

Patriot1

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What is a siphon nozzle you ask?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 09:44:55 pm »
i love a siphone nozzle! I built my own head assembly and i think it's cheaper and easier in the long run. Lets get a topic designed around a siphone nozzle. i will post some pis of my build. i played with the guns and there great too. but if your limited in space and arrent using a furnance this might be easier.