Waste Oil Heater > Waste Oil Filtering

wmo centrifuge project

(1/2) > >>

UPSMAN:
!@#$@!@**%$, stand on one leg, let the planets align, have 3000 hp and voila we can move some oil..... After weeks of trying I finally managed to get my fuge running in a quick test.  I need 3/4 cap start motor, old JD combine scavenge pump turning backwards, 1" inlet hose and I can make the unit spin. I did pop an O ring but its been such a nightmare.  I hooked up the Parker gerotor to a 3/4 hp motor this am and not a hope to roll it over. Unit is not a cap start so not enough torque to turn it over so I abandoned that and kluged some other parts together.  I have had so many failures that I was thinking of packing it in this winter....  Current temp -17C but going to -25C -30 c tonight.  Made some sawdust logs with my shop floor mess to help with the cold temps.  The Alpacas are locked in the barn for the night.

Anyone using a air driven Pneumatic pump?

If so what do you think of it? Reliable?  So now I will try to bring all the components online and process some oil as a test.  I have such a mess in the shop. No matter what you do everytime you take something apart it oozes everywhere ending up on the floor....

In Canada we have Princess Auto, your US equivalent of Harbour Freight. so I spend a lot of time there looking for ideas, inspiration and parts!  http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Manual-Barrel--Hand-Pump/Pneumatic-Fluid-Pump/8326555.p

So after a long day, just wanted to let you all know I moved some oil and it was not on the floor!

Stay warm and post guys, lets get some creative ideas going.

Russ:
I have never gotten my hands on a pump like this, but I did put together a pressure system to empty out a 55 gallon drum with air pressure.  Similar to how Doug did it here:
http://wasteoilheaterforum.com/index.php?topic=102.45

Is your goal to transfer oil from a drum?  If so this works pretty good.  The least mess I have come across so far. 

UPSMAN:
Just looking for options, though I have too many....

Have 3 100 gal tanks steel, 2 100 gal tanks steel full wmo, 4 45 gall olive barrels full wvo, 60L centrifuge tank, 50L SS tank, 50 Gal poly tank,  250 gallon tote, 35 gal hho water heater.  So I need a couple of pumps that can transfer, not make a mess and be reliable.

I will think about gravity when I can but ceiling is only 9', finished, . I have a shop oil furnace as well.

LM

UPSMAN:
I also have a vacuum pump and a sucker I made but use rarely, too much hassle to get it moved etc.

So guys, explain your layouts and what you are doing, I like others ideas and concepts, makes the creative juices flow,  -30C right now,  woodpile is shrinking

LM

doug:

What size sucker do you have? I was thinking of using 120 gal tank as a sucker/pressure set up. Sure would like to see some pics of your set up.

doug

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version