1 (20%)
1 (20%)
2 (40%)
None of the Above
1 (20%)
Features listed below I would pay up to 1000.00
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Waste Oil Burner Prices  (Read 27458 times)

Mschindler300

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Waste Oil Burner Prices
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:01:17 pm »
I only ask this question because if fall in line with what i have been working on
and thats is a waste oil burner in a Economy version I just cant beleive you can buy a Commercial/residential version for 1500 - 2000

Me being a machinest and Engineer I knew the prices for these could be accomblish for far less so i design and Quoted one in auto cad to build a Waste oil burner ready to bolt on to your boiler or Furnace  hook up the 1 Power connector, the transformer connector, and oil line and Fire it up

So far I have managed to Offer a waste oil burner ( with some Key Features To help ease maint) and for those who just dont want to mess with the CK burner Kit

I design the unit for a price around 600.00 - 700.00  Which i thought was far and if it was offered to me I would have bought it instead of the CK burner kit

this includes
Compressor built in

Electronics and controllers for Preheaters and oil primary

Customized Electode that mounts to the front of the nozzle/Preheater block and hooks up with Wires instead messing with Buss bars and burner tube. Also no bending there swivel and adjust with a screw insted of bending them into place (come preset and ready)

Has constant level tank built in with External Tumb screw Adjustable level so once again Simple no need to bend Float arm and mess inside the tank

The retention head is also being worked on still but design so No need to remove burner unit you can adjust the retention head position with a tumb screw (still in design)

Many more feature and option I design this to eleminate all the problems I had with my conversion Unit

Now that i have your attention im about to build the first protype and I really want to no if this is even worth my while at this price range

only down fall is I cant offer UL listed because of the cost(but if i get enough people interested I will) so it will fall into your conversion Use at your own risk
But will still maintain Safety Features

and I will offer warrenty on parts i beleive in quality

And to ensure quality done right I will select a few Senior and Long term form members to give my Burner a test

Thanks

Matt Schindler

doug

• Can't stop the fire now!
    • View Profile
Re: Waste Oil Burner Prices
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 03:45:43 pm »
Matt,

I believe you have some great ideas. I always thought a built in air compressor would be the way to go. Some day I'd like to see your customized electriode set up. I would think an adjustable retention head would be great in fine tuning a burner.

And as long as your comparing your burner to the ckBurner kit. I personally didn't have any trouble with thier kit. I set it up as it was decribed in the instruction. I had one concern about the assemble and emailed Craig with a question he replied within less than 3 hours.  The kit fired right up the first time and has been working great every since. Even with my homemade retention head.

I believe there is a market for your burner. I wish you the best of luck and success. Please keep us informed on it's performance and any new mods.

doug
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:51:36 pm by doug »
You can't put it on the internet if it isn't true!

http://wasteoilheaterforum.com/index.php?topic=102.0

tightwad nik

• The fire has been lit!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 12:47:30 pm »
your idea to make a burner cheaper is great, i can buy a chinese version for £500, with everything i need, now this chinese waste oil burner uses a UK heating oil burner that they have copied perfectly, it does not use any nozzle preheat at all and works fantastic,keeps parts and costs down (i bought one and copied it, the biggest part is the nozzle which isnt a hago/delavan/reznor or anything else so i bought one £20), the rest of constuction is very simple, easily copied and some scope to make money if you can buy secondhand burners which i did

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:47:52 pm »
Hey Nik, usually it is the other way around, the Chinese copying us...ha!

Matt, I agree with Doug as there is likely a market for your burner.  Especially if the price is right  ;).  Those of us burning waste oil are probably not doing it because we like getting our hands full of black sooty stuff.  Its because the fuel is cheap or free!  I couldnt see myself spending a large amount of money on a commercial solution, so I decided to go the home built route.

I think many of the people on this forum may be the handy man type looking to build their own.  Although some of the more complicated machining pieces are usually left up to someone who has the know how and tools to build it and is why the CK kit is so popular.  It is the most difficult part of the burner to make and CK has made it affordable.  I think a complete burner at a reasonable price has the potential to go somewhere.  Free fuel and a cheap burner... now things are heating up!  ;D

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 09:50:51 pm »
Oh yea, and that compressor idea sounds great.  I would think that would be a big plus.  Those deciding on a pressure vs siphon system may like that idea also as it eliminates the need for an external air source.

tim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 06:27:30 am »
               Sounds like a great idea, I would think very affordable. Would love to check it out!

Mschindler300

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 03:09:27 pm »
Thanks for your guys input

I Got parts on Order im gonna build few more sets of my Custom Electrode setup its fully compatible with CK Burner Setup just eliminates the need for electrodes and buss bars and uses wires to hook up igniter and the New electrodes mount behind the nozzle.

The purpose of this set up is to:
  • Eliminate the Need to bend the electrodes in place to get Proper Spacing and position
  • clear out some room in the back of the Burner and prevent Buss bars from Arc out on Heater block(Rare issue)
  • Make electrode maint. Easy you simply unscrew the electrode and screw in a new one Cost of $0.50 a set of electrodes cheap compared to the buss bar system

Hes a rough 2D drawing from autocad Give you guys idea of what it looks like I post images of a Complete one and one mounted maybe i make a youtube video 2.

The electrodes are Actual threaded into round ball and the adjustment screw tightens up against the ball to keep it from moving

Thank again for the feed back
Matt Schindler

doug

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 08:27:22 pm »
Matt,

Is what I seeing in your drawing all mounted inside the blast tube?
I'm not clear as to where the arc occurs.

doug

Mschindler300

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 09:29:03 pm »
what your seeing doug is were the stainless steel electrodes are labeled are where the electrodes rods come out there 2 sets that come with the kit (a Straight set approx 2" long and a Angled Set)  i just didnt draw them in and yes your seeing  then inside of the burner tube my addon mounts to the front of CK Preheater right behind the nozzle on that short .700 dia Boss

I post Image next week of one actully mounted since my Boiler needs cleaned out it will be a good time to take my burner off and get pictures

Also the greyed area around the Electrode Label is a threaded ball that pivots and rotates 360 Deg that how you position the Electrode so you dont have to bend it in place you just pivot it then tighten down the adjustment screw to lock it in position

Once agian sorry for the bad draw it just a concept draw I did to get the idea out

Mschindler300

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 04:10:42 pm »
Oh yea, and that compressor idea sounds great.  I would think that would be a big plus.  Those deciding on a pressure vs siphon system may like that idea also as it eliminates the need for an external air source.

OK now that the Electrode kit is out of the way I suppose you all want to no about .... the onboard compressor
well some of you have tried the rotary vein style addon with some success and are not very quite as claimed or have failed do to the carbon or graphit viens and need rebuilt, or maybe your using a thomas off board compressor (most common) or even a compressor out of a old fridge or air conditioner.

Well I devoloped a Scroll compressor that mounts and replaces the oil pump thats right scroll compressor the blower motors louder then the compressor

so whats so much better then the off board AC compressor well few things
  • its mounted on board and requires no external Power source other then the motor coupling to the oil pump
  • as most no the AC compressor relies on the oil from Freon to keep it lubicated so i redesign it so its self lubicated without contaminating the air supply
  • The best part .... Its Absolutly as Quite as your fridge

i wont let to much out of the bag but Im trying to quote and design this for Under 100.00 bucks and my Goal is Almost close  

i have a new cnc mill on its way so as soon as i get new design off the mill I will display pictures

(my first version and protype was a AC compressor Rebuilt and re machined to mount up on the oil burner)

By the way I would like to thank all you for input I am designing this burner around this forum based on other experience and input

Thank You
Matt

FACT:
The First verson burner was design to regulate air supply Inside the compressor to Work with a Onboard Computer i design for the oil burner to help self adjust the flame based on Oxygen sensors, light and Few other sensors (thats why almost my whole design is based around a Adjustable burner it was design to be regulated base on the On board Computer to help eliminate down time)

It also eliminated the Blower motor and use air stream injector to mix with the Fuel so no need for a retention head
This design is being evaluated for performance and is plan to run trial runs in the next few months
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:18:35 pm by Mschindler300 »

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 09:55:50 am »
Very interesting.  Do you know if you will be selling the compressor as a stand alone unit if someone wanted to put one on their existing burner?  Or is it designed in a way that will only work with your burner?

$100 doesn't sound bad at all for this.

Mschindler300

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 12:06:20 pm »
I plan on selling them as a aftermarket add on so yes you could purchase one to add to your burner

I feel now that the waste oil community falls more towards Custom built unit (self made) over Premade units Unless the price is right. So for now I be offering everything to be mounted as a universal package

Thanks Russ

Matt

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 12:16:37 pm »
Sounds good.  Cant wait to see more.  Keep up the good work!

doug

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 05:27:29 pm »
Matt,

I'd like to be on your list to buy one of your on board compressors. Who knows what else I might buy. Your ideas  all seem great.

doug

steve

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 09:43:56 pm »
pls put me on your list also. i would like to try 1 of your compresors , im using a small gast medical comp now works great but one right on the burner would clean things up, im running a CK burner, in a vericial boiler, works great. thanks Steve