Fuel Delivery Styles > Pressure Nozzle

Suntec pump not working?

(1/3) > >>

Russ:
Well, I think the pump on my burner might be bad.  I have air, spark, but no fuel.  I removed the line going up to the nozzle and nothing came  out of the pump.  I opened the bleeder and fuel came out of there.  Not a real high pressure stream, but it was shooting out.  I will remove the pump this weekend and see if there is anything obviously wrong.  Is there anything I should look for while I have it apart?

Thanks!

Kyle:
Well I was woundering if someone had been playing with all those reducers....first try to bleed then adjust the pressure regulator on the side, if that doesen't work you can always pull the end plate, they have an internal screen on the suction side.

Russ:
Yea, the reducers looked suspicious.  I suppose it broke down and they were working on trying to fix it.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I will give them a try and see what I can come up with.  Otherwise a new pump might be in order?

Kyle:
If all else fails, grainger carries them, but pay attention to the RPM it is rated for, and double check your motor, the last guy could have been wrong.

Russ:
I took the pump apart today and things looked pretty dirty.  Lots of junk in there.  I removed the screen and took the pump apart further.  It looks like the gasket (or whatever you call it) has a small hole in it.  I am guessing that is maybe why the pump isnt working?  I see patriot supply has parts, but without part numbers it is pretty hard to tell what a person needs.  Is it even worth rebuilding these pumps or is it best to buy a new one?  Here are some pics of what I found:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version