Waste Oil Heater > Waste Oil Filtering

Whole house water filter

(1/2) > >>

Russ:
Hello Kyle, good info above.  Thanks!

Have you ever used a whole house filter with waste oil?  I am thinking of going that route because of the larger size.  Just wondering if there are any downsides to using that type of filter?

Russ

Kyle:
I thought about it....but decided to go with a screw on auto filter type,  cost about $32 housing and filter, then I can always run into town and grab another filter @ any auto parts store.

Russ:
The more I think about it, I will probably do the spin on filter as well.  The water filter housing is all plastic, and being in contact with used fluids may deteriorate the plastic.  Probably kind of messy to change as well.  Is one filter enough, or would 2 in series be better?  I was thinking of a 2 filter setup with a higher micron filtering first, then a lower micron filter right before the pump. 

Kyle:
I only run one 25 micron filter w/a 100 mesh suction strainer @ the tank

Russ:
Yea, I think I will just run one filter.  Screen it down to 100 micron before it gets into the holding tank.  My mount uses a PH8A filter.  Hopefully it will do the job.  I wonder if there is a longer filter that would fit on that mount?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version