Waste Oil Heater > User Projects & Pictures

New Burnham Boiler Project

(1/8) > >>

Russ:
Here is my new project.  Doug was the inspiration to this project.  Have been heating the garage with my forced air pressure system, but I wanted a way to get some of the heat into the house.  It will be in the garage and will provide heat for the house and the garage.  More details to come.

doug:
Russ,

Glad to be of help to you. Isn't that why we're here is to help and encourage each other. It wasn't to long you were answering my questions and helping me get started. Thanks.

Nice looking boiler. Looks like it's going to be easy to get inside and clean.

Are you staying with your pressure system?

What kind of heating do you have in your house now?

doug

Russ:
Yes, with that swing open door it should be a snap to get in and clean.

No, I have a ckburners block sitting here on my desk.  Just waiting for the rest of the parts to show up.  Hoping that the siphon system will be more reliable and will start easier. 

The house is currently heated by an off peak electric plenum heater inside a propane forced air furnace.  I am just hoping to get some of the heat into the house to lower the heating bill a little.  I might experiment with plumbing it into the plenum at some point, but will just start out with a radiator and fan in the 4' crawl space for now.

Cant wait to get started!

doug:
Russ,

Glad to see you come over to the siphoning side of oil burning. So far mines been reliable and low maintenance. The heat exchange in the plenum is a great way to go.

doug

Russ:
Parts are starting to show up.  I'm going to keep a running total of all of my parts throughout this thread.  Just don't let my wife see it  ;)

I went with all 1/8" air connections.  After thought tells me I probably should have did 1/4".  Hopefully with the low pressure it wont matter.

Burnham boiler found on craigslist: $250
Ckburners preheater block: $160
Arrow R161 air regulator (ebay including shipping): $13.80
Weksler/Ashcroft 0-15 pressure gauge (ebay including shipping): $11.00
Asco U8262C2 air solenoid valve 110V (ebay including shipping): $33.00
Beckett 5432 flange & gasket (drillspot.com fulfilled by Grainger shipped): $10.11
Ceramic fiber blanket (replace damaged flue clean out): $15.49

More parts coming next week.  Almost time to start getting to work...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version