Waste Oil Heater > Fuel Pre-Heaters

fuel pre-heaters

(1/2) > >>

Joe mamma:
I'm wondering way no one has just used a magnetic oil pre-heater on there oil tank, like is available for a truck or car? Or how 'bout this; a finned cooler of any type. Any piece of junk from anything that doesn't leak. (A refrigerator, old power steering pump, old car heater, ect). Place in a metal tank. Fill tank with some anti-freeze solution. Connect your oil line to the cooler. Heat the tank of liquid with a magnetic heater. The heat will transfer to the oil running thru your "cooler". Wala heated oil to your burner.  ;) your welcome

Russ:
I have seen several creative ideas like this that can help preheat the oil.  It's these type of creative ideas that can lead to success.  Give it a try and let us know how it works!

Blaine:
I use the heating element from a coffee maker. I regulate the temp with a PID, SSR, and a k type thermocouple. Spent maybe $30.

It’s a shame this forum isn’t more active. I don’t do facebooks.

Russ:
I hear ya Blane, I wish there was more activity too.  And I don't think facebooks are very good for archival information.  I like the forum layout better so you can browse topics instead of aimlessly scrolling through all random posts.  But whatever, its where a lot of discussion is going.  Probably some on Reddit too.  So many choices these days.

coldblooded:

--- Quote from: Blaine on January 16, 2024, 09:58:47 pm ---I use the heating element from a coffee maker. I regulate the temp with a PID, SSR, and a k type thermocouple. Spent maybe $30.

It’s a shame this forum isn’t more active. I don’t do facebooks.

--- End quote ---

I'm probably going to have to pre heat my float tank.  I hear, if the temp gets below 40F, it's best to pre heat the float tank.  I haven't researched how to do it yet.  I'd like to see how you got yours wired and the parts you used.  What's a SSR?  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version