Waste Oil Heater > Fuel Oil Furnaces

Lennox Furnace

<< < (2/4) > >>

Russ:
Not sure what was going on with the the reducers.  That does look kind of odd.  The burner was not fastened in either, so someone had been working on it.  Hopefully it still works.  Looking in the burn pot, things actually looked really clean, even though there was quite a bit of soot around the inspection hole.  So you think I should replace the .75 nozzle with a .65?  One other question I had is that the exhaust connection is oval instead of round.  Will a standard exhaust pipe fit if it is bent in an oval shape?

Thanks for the help!

Russ

Kyle:
I would recommend it, buy try it as is.  Just need to make sur you don't over fire in the burn chamber, Oil has a higher BTU value than #2

Russ:
Sounds good Kyle.  Thanks for the info, I think you and I are the only ones out here.  I was hoping for more activity.  Maybe in time?

I am going to fire up the burner on #2 and see if it works soon.  Then on to finding or making a heater block.  I would like something I can put a cartridge heater in and control the heat with a PID controller.  I wish I knew someone who made a heater for a pressure type system.  Do you know of any one Kyle?  Might have to get together with a friend at a metal shop. 

Talk to you later...

Russ

Kyle:
I actually built mine I made a preheat tank to take load off the pump, using a 240v 1000watt hot water heater element wired @ 120v so it puts out about 250 watt, I use a PID to control it, works great and the element only cost $11

Russ:
So you just preheat the oil in the tank and not right before the nozzle?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version