Waste Oil Heater > User Projects & Pictures

Drip system with hot air plenum

(1/2) > >>

woodjointer:
here are a few pics of my system

since I took these pics I added a bigger fan for circulation, and i just ordered a pid so i can monitor the temp with out running down the basement every half hour.

woodjointer:
I have noticed it runs best very hot, like 300 degrees.  sometimes if its windy out and the draft is not consistant it runs cooler and some oil pools up. And I have noticed one bad side effect when it runs cool, black soot falling like snow in my yard and on my cars, hopefully it doesnt make it to the neighbors house!

Russ:
Yea I suppose the neighbors could get a little uptight about the black soot.  When it is burning good and hot is there much smoke coming out of the stack?  Maybe you need some sort of fan to keep the air moving in when it is windy outside?

woodjointer:
when it burns good there is very little smoke, looks like a normal oil burner. do you mean a fan on the intake ?
thanks

Russ:
Yes, on the intake.  But I suppose that might put the flame out?  I'm not sure as I havent played around with the drip systems before.  I have a similar problem with my pressure system if the wind is coming form the wrong way.  Everything is fine until I turn the heater off.  Then I get a back draft at times and it blows smoke into the garage.  Its just too darn windy here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version