Waste Oil Heater > Waste Oil Filtering

wmo centrifuge project

<< < (2/2)

UPSMAN:
Not that big, maybe 25-30 galls, old water pressure tank.  I didn't need a big one and space is always a prob so I made it small. Manifold for suction or pressure.  Vac pump is from an old dairy farm setup,  I can make about 27 inches of vac in several minutes.  Again space an issue, it is right now in the wrong place in the shop and I cannot get to either easy, but I will fix that later.  Will try to get some pics next week, but it is fairly simple.  I retrieve any wvo in cubies, but all my sources have paying arrangements with others, wmo is brought to me in small jugs or 20L pails. I made only one road trip for wmo and never ever again like that......

I am going to try starting next week to redo some things and finally do some things so I hope for progress.  I think we have a bit of a respite on the cold but will still be min 25C at nights.

Going to pick up some E85 later. We have only 1 pump in the city.  I will try some blending experiments.  I wonder if acetone will help in HHO to lessen the coking around the nozzel?

Glad you are able to post in, thought I was alone in here,  8)

LM

doug:

There was a youtube video of a guy mixing acetone with waste motor oil and burning in his pressure system. I think I sent the link to Russ when he was using his pressure system.

doug:

Look at the size of this guys super sucker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0cb3lr74Nc

UPSMAN:
Nice setup but... what if it is cold, snow etc?  I am too old to be trying to work outside like that in the snow!  I spend enuff time off season doing removals and plowing rather work inside LOL

My little tank takes care of pails bigger than 20L that are too hard too lift or play with.

Most of my wvo has been used canola oil from Dairy Queen, wonderful stuff but Sanimax got upset so I lost that line. Tried to hit up some fry trucks but have lost that too.  My wmo I can easilly score 100 galls or more a year.

I am happy with my pressure furnace in the shop, works reliabily, burn the dregs in sawdust logs. Am using mostly wvo in the shop this year with every 5 galls or so wmo.

LM

doug:
Have you looked at how the biofuel folks transfer and centrifuge there oil?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version