Waste Oil Heater > Waste Oil Filtering

Auto Filters

<< < (2/2)

doug:
What I was going to do if I'd keep a c/l tank was to reinstall the oil pump back on my burner unit. Then run a supply line form the tank to the pump with either an auto filter or a fuel oil filter just before the pump. Then a return line back to the tank with a tee that went to the c/l tank. This would have given me a supply of filter wmo to the c/l tank. I would have backed off the pressure valve in the pump also.

doug

Russ:
Good idea Doug, thanks for sharing.  Is my drawing correct the way you were thinking?

doug:
That's pretty much the way I was going to do it. After seeing how my metering pump is set up I'd do it different now. I like the Lenz filter with the vacuum gauge on the input line. Then on the output a pressure gauge then the auto/fuel oil filter. The gauges would let me know how dirty the filter are.

geck0:
I find a Hydraulic filter with a a remote filter base works great I filter 5 gallons at a time with my set up all gravity fed and works well. it also is a good way to settle filter and then I use a fuel filter in line on my drip furnace

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version