Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 8232 times)

luke

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!
« on: September 27, 2010, 07:09:12 pm »
Hello everyone!

Just got a cold snap of weather and started my oil burner a few weeks ago! I like the feeling of free heat!!!
I have had OK luck with it, just trying to find a good combo of tips, and burner heads, and air flow etc.

I have done alot of looking around on the WWW. and it is hard to find a good site! This site is off to a great start!!!! I hope to add some info and help people open there minds up!!!!

burn baby burn

Luke

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:42:51 pm »
I heard you burned up your cartridge heater?  What happened?

luke

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 07:24:24 pm »
I'm not sure what the heck happened???? It burned off the wire going directly into the cartridge heater. It almost looks like it just shorted out against the stainless outer sleeve.  I might  not of seen how close it was when i originally installed it.

I ordered a new one with better insulation around the wire. Ill see how long this one lasts. I figured i wouldnt have any trouble for a couple years! I only run about 55 gallons through the furnace.

Have u started your furnace yet??

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 08:06:32 am »
No, havent started it yet, but I should get doing that soon.  I should change the filter and that will probably be a little easier to do when it is warm out.  Get the oil sucked through the new filter.

Hope the new heater does the job. 

Burn on!

Russ