Author Topic: help needed with PID controller  (Read 12207 times)

tightwad nik

• The fire has been lit!
    • View Profile
    • Email
help needed with PID controller
« on: January 23, 2010, 01:34:49 pm »
im nearly at the end of my tether..... >:(
i have a couple of Eurotherm 2216e PID cotrollers, been through through the 126 page manual, and still cant work it out......  ???
any help would be great  ;D

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: help needed with PID controller
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:52:56 pm »
Hi Nik,

What specifically are  you having trouble with?  I'm not familiar with your exact controller, but it looks much like mine.  I found the short manual with hook up diagrams for your controller and looked it over.  From the looks of things, you need a SSR for this model.  Are you using this for a pre-heater block? 

Russ

tightwad nik

• The fire has been lit!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 02:21:54 pm »
yes im going to have a SSR, but its got algorithms and stuff i dont care about , i was hoping to plug it in, tell it to keep a certain temperature and then give me an output when it gets there, simple me think, not that easy, any help would be good, im about to list on ebay and buy something simpler

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 07:54:05 pm »
Yea, I was kind of overwhelmed when I looked at the book for mine too.  There is all sorts of programming you can do with it, but it worked well out of the box without any programming.  Hooked up the thermocouple and applied power.  I played around with it a little in the house to figure out what was going on.  The temp on the top is the temp of the thermocouple and the bottom is the desired temp.  The arrow buttons change the desired temp up and down.  You can do programming but that wasn't necessary for what I am doing.

Here is the one I am using:
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

Have you hooked yours up to power to see how it works?  Maybe it is as simple as the one I have?