Author Topic: hello hello from my little corner of the globe  (Read 8051 times)

tightwad nik

• The fire has been lit!
    • View Profile
    • Email
hello hello from my little corner of the globe
« on: January 12, 2010, 12:38:24 pm »
hi guys i intend to make a beckett style burner to keep me warm in my workshop,ive tried the babington (too much messing to get it to light and fine tune)  if all goes well i will retrofit my household boiler to have free heat....... nothing better than being warm in your house for one of the most expensive utilities  ;D . i'll knock up a centrifuge later to clean the oil as i collect it.... any direction/ help so i dont make any silly mistakes would be great for either the burner or centrifuge, cheers Nik

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: hello hello from my little corner of the globe
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 06:19:37 pm »
Welcome Nik!

Your corner of the globe?  Where are you from?  Somewhere from the UK I am guessing?

Your beckett should work out well for converting.  Are you going to do a pressure system, or siphon system?

I cant say I have any experience with a centrifuge, but if you have questions about the burner, just ask and I might be able to help.

I agree with you about the free heat.  Doesn't get much better than that!  Fuel is so expensive this year.  Any savings is nice!

tightwad nik

• The fire has been lit!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: hello hello from my little corner of the globe
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 03:21:06 pm »
yes im in a small village called Little London, nnothing to do with the real London, we are outside Gloucester, i have some ideas for the centrifuge and will disclose with pictures the further i get with it, cheers for the welcome though