Author Topic: Cleaned the furnace today  (Read 10211 times)

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Cleaned the furnace today
« on: January 10, 2010, 05:10:38 pm »
And here is what I found.  There were a few big chunks if the hard ash stuff in the burn chamber also.  Didn't have to burn many gallons to get to this point.  Keeping a wast oil burner going is quite a bit of work, but cutting wood is a lot more work... ha!

Dead Eye

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaned the furnace today
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 10:45:28 am »
 I see you have a stock type retention head on there and they dont do well with the heavy slow burning oils,switch to a kagi type head to get a much improved burn. The combustion air needs a lot more swirl to burn with waste type oils.

And still they need monthly cleaning.

luke

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaned the furnace today
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 05:32:04 pm »
Hey Russ- did u have build up on the back of the chamber like last time?? How many gallons of oil did it take to get your build up?

When i was playing with my burner last winter, i was getting build up on the back. It would grow out about 2-3 inches. it took about 15gallons to get it there. I bought an eco-nozzle and put it on my new tip and absolutley no build up. I have run about 75 gallons through it and i havn't had to clean it at all. It seems to start a tad better too. I have general ash and soot in the whole chamber, but no growth off the wall towards the nozzle. oil temp is 225, pressure is 130, .75 80degree tip. I also am trying a 90degree tip now and i'm having better starting with it, and seems like its lasting longer!