Author Topic: Black deisel  (Read 10088 times)

woodjointer

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Black deisel
« on: December 10, 2009, 09:55:45 am »
  Does anyone have any experience with making and using black deisel? it looks promising. I'm thinking of getting a desiel truck and trying it out. They say you filter the crap out of the oil and then cut it with desiel or kerosene, and it is ready to run.
Free is better than cheap!

UnHippy

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Re: Black deisel
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 02:55:43 am »
yeah i have tried that.....filtered the oil thru a 1 micron hydraulic filter and wore out a brand new injector pump in 5000 miles(and the injectors as i found out when i replaced the pump and it didn't go as well as it used to)....there was still too much abrasive material in the oil.

the only person i know running waste oil is running clean hydraulic oil that he has drained out of things himself when sorting out issues....his diesel toyota has about 200'000 miles on it running 50/50 waste hydraulic oil/diesel mix....altho i know he does have to bust out the ether-can to get it to start on (freezing) cold mornings

tightwad nik

• The fire has been lit!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Black deisel
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 03:02:47 pm »
how about making/using a centrifuge to remove contaminents, i wil be centrifuge-ing all my oil for my burner, just as a precaution