Author Topic: MX200 Won't stay lit...  (Read 4735 times)

esb

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
MX200 Won't stay lit...
« on: January 23, 2022, 02:25:10 pm »
I have an approx 10 year old MX200 heater. It has been used in a non-commercial shop and then not a whole lot. Every year I clean the filters before starting. I typically don't use oil from the outside sources. When I run out of used oil, I will use home heating oil in it. When I change over to home heating oil, I will turn the preheater off.

Last week I came into a cold shop... The heater was out. I tried to refire it with no luck. The heater will lite for just a second and then the flame will go out. The pump is pulling approx 2.5 pounds of vacuum After a reset, the oil pressure will come up and hold steady (I have it set at just over 2) but after the flame goes out and before it shuts down, the fuel pressure will rise to 6+ and fluctuate wildly up and down.

I talked to Lanair tech support and they thought the oil pump was going bad. I replaced it and I have no change.

Since this problem had come up, I have done the following...

1) I have recleaned all the filters, all 3 of them. 1 in the tank, 1 canister, 1 in the oil pump.
2) I have replaced the oil pump with a new one.
3) I have cleaned the regulator.
4) I stretched the regulator spring some.
5) I have cleaned the factory nozzle.
6) I have drained the water off of the tank. Couldn't have been more than a tablespoon of water.

The only thing that I have found is while cleaning the nozzle with brake cleaner, the output seems to be a stream, not a fog/mist. I am thinking it should be more of a mist/fog? I can only see this when I am spraying the nozzle out with a can of brake clean... maybe not enough pressure to get a good pattern?