Author Topic: Clean Energy Waste Oil heaters  (Read 4640 times)

SoILWasteOil

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Clean Energy Waste Oil heaters
« on: October 27, 2020, 12:37:16 am »
Anyone came across many issues with Clean Energy Heaters?

Have installed a handful of them and had very few issues from ones we have in service?
I like the service friendly access doors and burner assembly? Similar to Clean Burn CB models with few differences.. all stainless chamber is definitely a plus.

Just curious if any service guys have had any issues with some they’ve worked on?

New to the forum, enjoy the content

ShopSpecialties

• Now that some heat!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Clean Energy Waste Oil heaters
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 10:42:30 pm »
They are good guys that use to work for Clean Burn. I am not big on stainless fireboxes because they are poor at conducting heat. I would rather my heat go in the shop and not out the stack.

SoILWasteOil

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 11:56:36 pm »
Only have a handful customers with them and not as many years as some of our Clean Burn customers but so far have had good luck.
We’ve replaced some of the older clean burns where the firebox has rusted out and few tubes cracked(12-15yrs on firebox so customer can’t complain) with Clean Energy due to their  stainless firebox and non-welded tubes to help prevent cracking.
Just depends on what the customer was after for us.

I have no complaints on the newer clean burn furnaces..easier serviceability which is a win for us! 

Just seeing if anyone has ran into many of these units out there with many issues.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 12:13:07 am by SoILWasteOil »

ShopSpecialties

• Now that some heat!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 08:25:51 am »
Clean Burn has always swedged the tubes also. I have seen stainless crack in other brands but you need to factor in design and shop conditions also. It will be interesting to see what they look like at 10,000 hours. Then how are they going to hold up to higher altitudes with the metered pump ?