Author Topic: Flame ring and jet style  (Read 10013 times)

Darcy

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Flame ring and jet style
« on: January 17, 2019, 03:26:35 am »
Hi Guys from the UK
Hoping you guys can help me clear up my thoughts on this waste oil burner  from Xo burners.
They run in a different way from the normal burners I have used before.
For example I have a Bairan 50kw burner its runs 6 psi and produce’s a stable good heat all the time regardless of oil quality.
Now this XO burner is supposed to be 60kw but produces less heat and is more prone to coking up the flame ring, now it runs a higher PSI,  8 to 12 psi, with less air cut outs around the flame ring.
So I think there theory of dong this is to have more primary air coming from the jet and less on the secondary from the squirrel fan.
The jet looks different form the normal type has a much bigger air passage around the oil part of the jet.
So I think with the higher pressure the oil jet is far longer and possible colder?

See 2 flame ring photos of the one with 6 fine slots compared to the 10 more open type you would normally see.

Any advice would be really appreciated before I convert to a normal set up…

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: Flame ring and jet style
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 09:27:14 pm »
Greetings Darcy!  Glad you stopped by.  I cant say that I can really help you out, but hopefully one of the more experienced people can give you some hints.  From the UK?  Cool!  It's always great to have people outside of the US stop by, and interesting to see the different heaters from around the world. 

I assume both of your setups are siphon systems being you posted in the siphon nozzle section.  I see you mention that one heater is at a much lower pressure than the other.  How about the temp?  What are the nozzles running at?

Good luck with your heaters and stay safe!

Russ

Darcy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 02:20:49 am »
Hi Russ
Thanks for the reply.
Well I have only tried the 2 types of nozzles/jet  so far with the same narrow slot flame ring. As I don’t have the more open type yet.

So both nozzles/jet produce the same heat at the same PSI just the one that is supposed to run at 7 psi complexly blocks the flame ring within 10 hours, the Nozzle/jet that is supposed to run higher pressures dose around 50 hours they blocks up the ring.

u1100l

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 06:37:27 pm »
The Bairan is sold as a Multi-oil burner.  However, the top pic retention head seems to be a better choice for light oil. If you switch to waste oil might run the head in pic 2. Air adjustment on burner should not be that extreme when changing heads.

u1100l

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 07:52:05 am »
Isn't that one of the burnerswith the heated oil tank on the right. Float switch, heating element(s)..??

Stinkin' fire hazzard!