Do you like it, Reliablity
1 (100%)
How did you hear about it
0 (0%)
access to service & parts
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: December 20, 2009, 12:59:20 pm

Author Topic: Commercial Units  (Read 13807 times)

erickh1

Commercial Units
« on: October 21, 2009, 01:59:20 pm »
Reznor,  Lanairs,  Clean burns, Fire lake, Energy logic, Supreme Heat, Wedco, any other brand. did you know that 5 of the 7 main brands have gone bankrupt, and restarted under a new name.

ShopSpecialties

• Now that some heat!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Commercial Units
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 12:00:30 pm »
Which 5 have gone bankrupt ? I personally know people in each of these companies. So I am very curious as which 5 have gone bankrupt.

erickh1

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:56:22 am »
Black gold- which now operates under energy logic, Shenandoah - which operates under firelake. Lanair has. Wedco has , and supreme heat.

ShopSpecialties

• Now that some heat!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 12:27:41 pm »
Black Gold was sold by Wayne Robertson to Rob Stevens. Rob Stevens changed the name because Black Gold had a bad rap. Rob was hoping to fool some people into buying a new Energy Logic.

Shenandoah was sold to I believe it was CTB. The old man wanted to retire so he gave the company to his son. Son was lazy so he sold the company. Waste oil heaters was a small part of Shenandoah, they were purchased because of the poultry equipment. Firelake manufacturing is part of CTB. CTB did not want the waste oil heater part of the company but bought it anyways because the son lowered the price.

Lanair has filed for bankruptcy more than once. Just look at how they have changed the spelling of the company name over the years.

Wedco was dissolved due to the fact the company that made the fireboxes was not making any money so they pulled out before they had to file. Tom Kagi is still making burners and uses Heatwave fireboxes.

Supreme Heat is a new burner design and firebox.   I have one of there burners on a boiler and I am not happy with it.           

erickh1

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 10:32:51 am »
I know Tom is still making units. I just wasn't sure of the name, and Lanair was just sold a little bit ago.