Author Topic: first draft of outdoor WMO furnace--What do you think?  (Read 9869 times)

46farmallM

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
first draft of outdoor WMO furnace--What do you think?
« on: January 02, 2018, 09:49:03 pm »
Hello all, I am new here and I have a prototype idea for an outdoor oil furnace, the drawing is attached. I was thinking of having the bottom of the first combustion chamber removable for cleaning as I would be running unfiltered drain oil. I see a guy on you tube who makes burners out of fire extinguishers and they seem to run well. I am thinking I could insulate the inside of the shell with ceramic wool and have an insulated flex pipe ran through my garage window. The big blower that circulates the air would be attached off center of the shell so it swirls the air around the combustion chambers and exhaust pipes. I am thinking with 2 or 3 combustion chambers all the residual oil would have plenty of places to completely burn up and the only thing exiting would be carbon monoxide. the car muffler would contain the flame completely and act as another heat exchange.

Goals:
1. Burn unfiltered oil, so I would have to use wider fuel line. I could pressurize the vessel with something quiet like an air brush compressor for fuel delivery.
2. Preferably no preheating, with having 3-4 burn chambers. I could keep the oil supply in the garage to keep it a little warmer if need be.
3. No spray nozzles. I built a gun style spray burner one time, It worked well on the first batch of oil I burned because it was mixed with gasoline, but once it was straight waste oil, I couldn't get any kind of combustion what so ever. Plus, I don't want my air compressor running all the time.

4. No filtering, I would like to just be able to dump any crap in my container that is petroleum based oil that doesnt contain antifreeze. Its hard enough to get oil to burn in -10 degree temperatures that I don't want to have to spend more time screwing around with cleaning the oil, when I could just burn it, and remove the primary burn chamber to clean that.

Any after thoughts?

u1100l

• View Profile
Re: first draft of outdoor WMO furnace--What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 04:12:06 pm »
Insurance claim in the making.

u1100l

• View Profile
Re: first draft of outdoor WMO furnace--What do you think?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 10:58:54 am »
Nope, I got that wrong. No claim denied coverage.