Author Topic: please help designing burner  (Read 7991 times)

liam

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
please help designing burner
« on: September 23, 2017, 09:52:20 am »
Hello Friends!
I'm writing here to discuss and asking about converting a burner for waste oil.
I have tried in years that passed to burn oil, also did modified 2 burners. Now I'm living in far east Europe, and parts for burning oil are very hard to obtain. Still I have tried the constant level burner, but now I have obtained a CleanBurn nozzle holder so I want to upgrade to metering pump fuel sistem.
I have few parts, like the metering pump done, but like you can see in the picture, I have a really small burner, about 1Liter/hour. You can see in the pictures that the blast tube is really small. The dimensions you can read on measuring scale are in mm. In the past, with the constant level tank I have tried with a 0.7 nozzle but not very satisfied. Now I want to try with 0.2 and 0.5 nozzle.
The reason is that I have a very small furnace, with only about 11-inches from door to botton. THis is the space for flame.
I made some test this sommer and I saw that I can adjust the lenght of the flame by adjusting the oil flow. NOT adjusting air! I am sure here are people that knows what I am talking about!
So here is my parts for the burner that I could find here (2 retentions head, blast tube and nozzle with nozzle holder.)
The main thing about this burner is that the blast tube is short and I like that because I can start with the flame right near the door, not loosing space for rest of the blast tube.
So the blast tube is about 2.2-2,95 inches in diameter (inside).
The retentions head that I have should work in this combination, are very close to the blast tube that I have.
The big MAIN question is what do you think, did somebody tried that with such a blast tube? Should I shortened the tube to be about 2,9 diameter or leave it like now, the final cone where the flame is out is only 2,2 inches?
Can someone explain me what should be the final relations in mm/ inch of the nozzle blast tube and retention head? This will help me designing and putting everything toghether. Any help would be appreciate. Please help me with any ideas you have and advices
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:54:13 am by liam »

doug

• Can't stop the fire now!
    • View Profile
Re: please help designing burner
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 02:58:35 pm »
The only part of my burner assembly that is in the burn chamber is the retention head. I hope this may help in some way.
I've never seen a burner with a tube that small.
Please keep us posted on your progress.
You can't put it on the internet if it isn't true!

http://wasteoilheaterforum.com/index.php?topic=102.0

liam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 02:13:24 am »
Doug are you pump feeding the nozzle or constant level tank?

doug

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 08:01:22 pm »
I am running a metering pump. I did run my blast tube deeper into the burn chamber then CKBurners suggested I should run it shallow and I have ran it shallow every since.

liam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 03:45:24 am »
So it is true you can make the flame short by adjusting the fuel pressure? Can I make it less than 10 inch and still burning good without smoke?

doug

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 07:45:18 pm »
 There is some adjustability with a metering pump. I can't give you an answer about a flame of 10" or less. With a flame that small I'm not sure about the amount of btu's you would get.