Author Topic: new to this forum  (Read 6171 times)

mopar345

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
new to this forum
« on: October 13, 2017, 03:29:21 pm »
Hi all,
The subject of my desire is to see my residential oil furnace that I converted to burn waste motor oil heat my workshop.  At this time it will not fire. My source of oil is partly from my own vehicles and a friends garage. I have done a fair amount of experimenting with nozzle air pressure, combustion air volume and nozzle block temperatures.  I am using the burner mod kit from CKBurners. Everyone raves about this kit. Some have suggested mixing my oil with diesel or kerosene, however  this would defeat the purpose of free fuel.  From all I have seen on line from others who have made the conversion if they are mixing they are not stating this.
Help anyone?
Thanks

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: new to this forum
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 12:51:38 pm »
Greetings mopar345!

I am running a CK kit in a residential fuel oil boiler.  I am running straight black oil, no mixing.  As long as you have the nozzle temp hot enough, the nozzle should spray out a nice fine mist that's easily ignitable.

You need spark, oxygen, and fuel to get the fire burning.  Did you check for spark and that you have it placed in the proper position relitive to the nozzle?