Author Topic: need help  (Read 5839 times)

Richie_B_2

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
need help
« on: December 22, 2015, 06:57:53 pm »
Hello all. I'm new at this whole thing. I just signed up last night in hopes to find some good info on waste oil burners.  I recently discovered them on youtube, I was searching different ideas on homemade pot belly wood burning stoves as I have found an old 15 gallon oil drum and wanted to make this into a stove to heat my shed. I saw a video post for the waste oil burner and clicked on it,  since seeing it I found a water heater which I still need to take apart and turn it into an oil burner.  I will not be using it in my shed as I see it as being too dangerous and besides, my shed is pretty small so my pot belly of course does the trick. My wife and I plan on purchasing some land and building an earth ship, the oil burner would be a great addition to this off grid style of living. Although it looks real simple, I don't want to just jump into this blind. I thank you all for any future help and I can't wait to get started and learn something new to me. Have a safe and happy burning!

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 12:35:35 pm »
Welcome Richie!

Glad you stopped by.  There is quite a bit of info regarding drip style heaters out here, so hopefully that points you in the right direction.  Good luck with your project and let us know how it works for you.

Thanks!