Author Topic: Gas in Oil  (Read 8198 times)

BubbaGump

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Gas in Oil
« on: November 13, 2015, 06:31:03 pm »
I have a Thermobile  at307.  It is a dripper onto the burn pan.  I have had it a few years and the last couple have been adding 5 gallons of diesel to a 55 gallon barrel of oil.  It really helps it burn better.  I came across a barrel of old gas.  Like really old gas I wouldn't try to run even in my old 82 Chevy.  I was wondering if anyone has mixed gas in with oil for a dripper system and how it turned out.  I was thinking like 5 gallons in a barrel like I do with the diesel.
Thanks

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: Gas in Oil
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 09:18:31 pm »
Welcome BubbaGump!

Thats a good question.  I dont really know the answer, but I would think you would be fine as long as you dilute the gas with enough oil. I would start with a small amount first and work your way up to be sure things dont get out of hand.

Good luck and thanks for stopping by!

stubborn66

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gas in Oil
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 12:29:04 pm »
Hi,
I have been using a drip system for years now, I mix all my old gas with my oil.  I would not be afraid the mix 5 gallons of gas into a 55  gallon drum of motor oil.
If you are concerned, as the previous poster stated, mix a little less.  ALSO, a drip system burns waste veggie oil real well too, I also cut that with motor oil, but i have burned straight veggie oil too