Author Topic: New to the Forum, From West Mi  (Read 8251 times)

MZ 500

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
New to the Forum, From West Mi
« on: January 14, 2015, 08:39:57 am »
Hi All the name is Matt

I am working on Converting a Wayne Fuel oil Burner to burn WMO for my shop/Pole barn. I picked up the whole furnace for $75 off a local Craig's List add. I have already purchased a lot of components needed to do the conversion but so far all I have done is tear the unit down for a good cleaning. I will start a project thread once I get going on it.  I also have a drip style heater in progress but depending on how this Oil furnace conversion turns out I may abandon the drip unit. 

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: New to the Forum, From West Mi
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 10:31:00 pm »
Welcome Matt.  Thanks for stopping by.  Are you going to convert your Wayne to a siphon type system?

MZ 500

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 05:16:53 am »
I have collected parts to build a pressure system but I have done some reading and it seem a siphon system may be the way to go in fact I almost decided to switch gears but then a coworker said he had an fuel old burner that he would give me so I decided to go forward with my pressure system on this one and have the option to go siphon on the other burner.

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 08:33:40 pm »
Sounds like a plan.  I started out with pressure myself, then later switched to siphon.  If it doesnt cost much to do the pressure, then it is good experience.  Good luck on your build.  Hope to see some pictures of your project!