Author Topic: The Big One  (Read 8957 times)

Mattpar

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Big One
« on: October 16, 2014, 08:53:56 pm »
While I'm building The Little One, I started on My Big One. MENS style out of a 40gallon gas water heater.

Here is where I am at. Tank skinned( saving the outer shell for a heat shield), 8x8in door opening, middle intake tube cut.

door cut. Used a Cutting disc to start the cut, then used a Saws All to continue the cut. The Harbor Freight metal bit lasted longer than expected but I still had to go out and get a Lenox? blade to finish it up.

pipe cut for iron pan. I wanna make the height between the air inlet and iron pan adjustable, I think I will make a platform out of a piece of steel with a threaded rod and have a nut welded so i can just spin the platform and it will adjust the height of the pan.

I got the hinges and latch for the door, gotta get time to put them on. Picked up hardware for the drip feed. Then get the stack figured out.

Mattpar

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Big One
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 08:57:52 pm »
Progress! Got the door put on, alittle more hack job than i wanted, but eh, well see how it works. I'll get pics later. Ran out of rivets. Had to use some screws. I'll replace them later when I snag more rivets

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: The Big One
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 02:04:30 pm »
So far so good.  Keep up the good work!