Author Topic: anybody out there?  (Read 8073 times)

UPSMAN

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
anybody out there?
« on: January 19, 2014, 03:39:10 pm »
 :)

I have not had time to do much, just discovered my Generac is leaking rug in the shop, an other thing now to worry about.
I am going to try the .58 ci  parker  ::)pump when I can to see if I can move oil without having to move the earth and get my fuge running.   I know some like aggressive gear pumps but I cannot afford anything right now so I will try what I have here to work with.

I have lots of wmo access but a lot of it is 20/50 so its thick as  well better than 50w .

I will sign off, hopefully other oil burners will post and give us some of their experiences.
LM
If it ain't burning then its not hot enuff!!

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: anybody out there?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 05:15:43 pm »
That thick stuff is difficult to work with for sure.  Especially when it is a bit cold.  Makes me think I should be doing my filtering when it is summer time.  Hard to think about burning oil then though.

Keep on having at it.  Invite some others to the forum.  We need more action out here!

gold_dredger

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: anybody out there?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 07:38:50 pm »
I use an old Oberdorfer bronze gear pump off an old tractor to transfer my oil....almost indestructible, puts out good pressure (to force oil thru a filter, or to suck up the thick stuff) and can be run with a small gas engine for portable use, or a 1 hp 110v/230v motor in stationary setup in a shop....check surplus houses, farm equip junkyards, any place that uses heavy equip, they may have an old hydraulic pump laying around that can be motor driven for your needs..... try surpluscenter.com....

hope this helps.....    ;)

Michael