Author Topic: Hillsboro, WV  (Read 7211 times)

WV_matt

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Hillsboro, WV
« on: October 07, 2013, 11:56:06 am »
Hello Everyone,

I'm over here in West Virginia having a heck of a time trying to get my boiler to light! I was on altfurnace, but couldn't seem to post pictures and i'm just looking for more opinions on what to try. Eventually I would like to burn grease, but for now I would just like to burn! I got the CK kit and put it in. I don't blame him for anything. He's been great. Some how I messed something up, because now I can't even burn diesel with it. I have not had a flame since I installed the kit, so it's not like I changed something and now it doesn't work; I've never had it working. Right now I have a short tube for a fuel pick up down in a soup can of diesel fuel. The can is full and pressed up to the blast tube (the one that holds the heater block/nozzle). My electrodes make a spark and don't hit anything else. Fuel sprays out and doesn't glob up or dribble. I have tried running the air anywhere from 0 - 15 psi (all my gauge reads) and I hold a Mapp torch in the path of the spray. It won't light. I will try to attach some picture, so you can tell me if the spray looks right.

Any ideas of things to try would be great. I have all the air taped off with metal tape and since I'm trying to light diesel I don't think the heater counts, but I set it down to 70 anyways. I am just touching wires to make the electrodes, solenoid, and blower go for tests. It only flares up for a second when I disconnect the wires and everything shuts down. Just a flash of flame. I think this is a clue, but I don't know to what. 

WV_matt

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Re: Hillsboro, WV
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 01:15:27 pm »
Ok, I'm back at it. Still no flame. I took the whole thing out side, so I can run it continuously and not smoke myself out.  Still the same problem = no light. I have the fuel pick up in a can of diesel, bought from the gas station a few weeks ago, stored in a plastic bottle. I fill the can and put it up so it touches the blast tube. I hook up the wires to make the solenoid, electrodes and blower come on. I also hold a torch in front of the spray coming out. I get some flames a little bit in the mist and the white smoke starts to billow, but it doesn't light. I slowly work the air pressure all the way up and dow and get nothing. I don't notice much of a difference.

I have taken the nozzle out a few time now, even once this morning. Never seen anything wrong with it.

Any ideas would be a great help.

I don't know how to check the o ring on the nozzle. I know it's there, but is it making a good seal, I don't know.

Thanks for your help,
Matt