Author Topic: Hello from New Zealand  (Read 7104 times)

Bustedknuckle

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello from New Zealand
« on: April 19, 2013, 06:03:11 am »
Hi to all, after lots of research on waste oil burners reading lots of posts on different forums, I have made one and finaly decided to join a forum group,
I have constructed a drip type burner from an old heat exchanger from a diesel furnace, modified the air pipe, put in a drip system and added a wet back from an old log burner, this is to eventually heat water for a radiator system to heat a wood kiln,

The burner is not perfect yet but I will start a topic on the right page when i find it, to ask a few more questions on the effectiveness of the next things to modify,

Just an introduction for now on what I have and why I'm here, look foward to talking burners with you all in the near future,
Cheers Hayden

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 10:40:23 pm »
New Zealand, wow!  It still amazes me how many people we have on the forum that are outside of the US. 

Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself.  It sounds like you have some good ideas going.  A drip system with a wet back you say?  So it is kind of like a boiler where you will be heating water?  Sounds interesting. 

Yes, there is a category for "User Projects & Pictures".  We would love to see your burner and how it works.

I hope you enjoy the forum and I hope to see more about your heater!