Author Topic: Hello from East Tennessee  (Read 7075 times)

luckynumber5

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Hello from East Tennessee
« on: February 10, 2013, 04:09:38 pm »
Hey everyone! I have a shop in the Tri Cities area and it stays pretty darn cold in the winter. Its an 80x60 cinder block building that is poorly insulated. We ran a MEN type heater back in 2010, then converted it to an Ozzirt style last year. The Ozzirt design is probably the best a drip feed can get. The two stage setup burns nice and clean until my friend wants more heat and cranks up the feed lol. It will burn with a light grey smoke and zero soot at around 450 degrees and can ramp up to 600 on a good batch of oil mixed with diesel. We have a few problems with the lower chamber not sealing well as well as oil pooling occasionally causing it to "run away" to 800 degrees or so and smoke the place up a bit. We work on cars so exhaust doesn't bother us, but we do have to air the place out which sucks on a 20 degree night.

When the oil burner and wood stove are running good it stays in the high 60 with the outside temp as low as 15!

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from East Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 07:09:57 pm »
Welcome luckynumber5!

Thanks for stopping by.  Sounds like you are making some nice heat with your heater.  Cant beat 60 degrees while working cars.  If you do oil changes at your shop, I imagine you have a nice source of waste oil.

Hope you enjoy the forum!