Author Topic: enerlogics boiler 200  (Read 7334 times)

farmerdave

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
enerlogics boiler 200
« on: February 09, 2013, 12:26:50 pm »
Geetings from Ontario Canada, I'm looking for some tech input. I have run and maintained  #200 boiler for 8 yrs. With regular filter changes, clean outs and nozzle. The boiler has run without much trouble. About 4000 hrs of total burn time. Recently we have been using more fuel oil than waste oil, my output has really dropped. ie longer than normal run times. The delivery pressure has been running in the 5 or 6 psi range. I feel this is due to the thiner oil. The burner air I have also closed down a little. With all this the unit still seems slugish. I have ordered another nozzle to see if this helps. Are there any suggestions  from the world of fellow waste oil people? ps Glad to have found this forum!

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: enerlogics boiler 200
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 10:28:09 pm »
Greetings farmerdave!

Glad you found this forum too!  Is your boiler a siphon or pressure system?

I dont remember the specifics on it, but I am pretty sure waste oil has more BTU's in it than home heating oil.  If you are no longer running 100% waste oil and are mixing in HHO, your BTU's may have decreased.  Now I'm not sure how different it would be mixing it, say, 50-50.  Maybe it wouldnt even be enough to notice.  I think you are on the right track with changing different nozzles.  Have you noticed a decrease in fuel usage?  If so, then yes, maybe the nozzle is plugging up.

Best of luck getting back to your normal output.   Enjoy the forum!

farmerdave

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: enerlogics boiler 200
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 08:10:05 am »
Thanks Russ.   Yes this type of boiler is pressure fed, I also was wondering if the preheater, with the heating oil is causing a vapourization issure. It's one thing to heat oil that is thick compared to diesel. Any thought's?  It is about 5 degree's today, alway's thinking about heat.