Author Topic: Hey From Memphis!  (Read 7437 times)

Rthrelk

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Hey From Memphis!
« on: February 04, 2013, 09:12:44 pm »
Hey Everyone- new member here and total waste oil heater newbie. I am working on my first one using Roger Sanders' plan. So here's the part where I ask for some help. Should I ask questions in this part of the forum or another? I have some photos to upload.

Elvis says hey,

Rob

doug

• Can't stop the fire now!
    • View Profile
Re: Hey From Memphis!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 09:11:17 am »
Hey Rob,

Welcome to the forum. Like you and others when I first got interested in heating with waste oil I was looking at the Roger Sanders plan/drip waste oil heaters. After looking at drip heaters and some plans I wanted something more with safety and control built in to my heater. I didn't want an oil spil or worst an uncontrolled fire. A lot of people have built drip heaters with success and have worked very well for them. There's some vids on youtube that will be helpful. Keep us posted on your progress and please share your pics with the forum.

doug
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 03:04:12 pm by doug »
You can't put it on the internet if it isn't true!

http://wasteoilheaterforum.com/index.php?topic=102.0

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: Hey From Memphis!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 10:06:58 pm »
Greetings Rob,

Glad you stopped by.  There are a few well done drip style heaters out here, hopefully they have given you some information and helped you understand how they work.  If you have some pictures of a project you are working on, go ahead and put them up in User Projects & Pictures so we can have a look at them and maybe give you some advice.

Stay warm!

Russ