Author Topic: Updated Forum Software  (Read 9548 times)

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Updated Forum Software
« on: January 26, 2013, 10:59:16 am »
Those of you that frequent the forum may have noticed it looks a little different.  I have upgraded the forum software from SMF 1.1 to 2.  It was a pretty major upgrade and seems to have added some nice features.  One of which that automatically subscribes you to topics that you have participated in.  Hopefully this will help keep everyone informed when there is a new post to a topic.  If you aren't getting the emails from replies in topics you have participated in, let me know and I will see what might be wrong.

Hopefully everything is working as it should be.  If anyone sees something that isn't working properly, just let me know.

Thanks and enjoy the forum!

Russ

geck0

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Re: Updated Forum Software
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:21:38 am »
I'm new to the forum but have enjoyed it so far. Reply emails are working so far in this neck of the woods

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 12:21:37 pm »
Good to hear.  Hopefully the replies will help keep the conversations going.  In the past if the topic became old, they were often times forgotten about and the original poster never even realized that someone replied.  Hope it helps.

geck0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 01:52:38 pm »
Yea I noticed that Hope it helps. If this site flourishes it can be an AMAZING help resource and knowledge expansion place!

Mschindler300

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 10:14:31 pm »
Look good noticed it more iPhone friendly to

Easier to get around the forum on myiPhone as I am on the go