Author Topic: pressure system  (Read 27413 times)

bkb

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Re: pressure system
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 01:23:08 pm »

doug

• Can't stop the fire now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 11:09:47 am »
Is the soft copper line a return oil line and where is plumb into?
You can't put it on the internet if it isn't true!

http://wasteoilheaterforum.com/index.php?topic=102.0

bkb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 03:19:16 pm »
Yes it is to stop pre & post nozzle drip. It goes outside to a NO 110v soleniod wired into the fan/pump motor. For now it simply drains into a 2 1/2 gallon bucket. I did have a much more elaborate system that pumped it back into the tank being 100% sealed system and using no extra pumps. problem is it used a Protek nozzle and they cant take the heat and would fail to pass oil after about a week.

doug

• Can't stop the fire now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 04:02:14 pm »
I see where your flame detector is mounted and think I see where thermocoupler is placed. What's under the aluminum foil? I  like the terminal ends on the wire for easy servicing and the bleedin off of the nozzle prssure. You did a very nice job on your burner. I'd be tempted to copy your burner if mine wasn't working so well.
You can't put it on the internet if it isn't true!

http://wasteoilheaterforum.com/index.php?topic=102.0

bkb

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 04:11:46 pm »
A nozzle change only takes 3 min because everything just unplugs and 2 wrenches to remove the flair fittings. Under the insulated foil is the fuel rail with cartridge heater. I did have plans of a 3rd revision using phanolic (sp) material for the air baffle / electrode holder. All the aluminum pulls alot of heat with the air blowing over it, the 500 watt heater runs at about 65-75% duty cycle as is. There is room to improve on the idea but i think i will go siphon nozzle for next year.