Author Topic: weil mclain 68 boiler Waste oil conversion + Upgrade  (Read 31087 times)

doug

• Can't stop the fire now!
    • View Profile
Re: weil mclain 68 boiler Waste oil conversion + Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 11:17:23 pm »
Did you get it working?
You can't put it on the internet if it isn't true!

http://wasteoilheaterforum.com/index.php?topic=102.0

Mschindler300

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 11:37:09 pm »
Doug Thank you For you help well after 2 days of Scratching my head.....I did not get it to work Until Just 5 mins ago.... I thought i was getting enough fuel but i must not off been. Had a itching tellin me to hook the pump up to the fuel feed on the siphon nozzle and away She went .... i need to figure out why the siphon nozzle isnt lifting enough fuel im only 6" below nozzles centerline with 3/8 Line well I mess with it some more Thanks Guys

doug

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 11:44:52 pm »
I ran my constant level tank an inch below the nozzle c/l.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:53:31 pm by doug »

Mschindler300

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 11:47:39 pm »
i try that Doug I get back to you tonight or tommarow .... lol Im making this all to Hard, hope somebody learns from my mistake... what a waste of 2 days

Oh well somone has to be the dummy around here HEHE

doug

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 11:53:03 pm »
Glade to hear it's running. We all had to learn. Every system is a little differrent. The more you burn the more you learn.

Mschindler300

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 03:23:51 pm »
ok So a little recap I change to a siphon system.... Got it to run and burn for 1 day .... started having problems with not enough fuel being delievered to the combustion chamber so i changed my constant lvl a inch from center line work and acted up again ok ok so at this point I go help from doug and no Luck so i started to tear it down and come to find out this whole time  it was a clogged nozzle ... well I cleaned it out and my CK Burner Block and all my Lines.. no its working great HAHA i got a back up nozzle on order just in case this one acts up again im just gonna replace it

SO i update you guys im on Settings  it might help someone else right now im running at 5 Psi Air pressure and 2 " C/L

Thanks Doug again for the help

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 05:41:30 pm »
Hmm, clogged nozzle?  Was it a used nozzle?  Didnt you get a new one with the CK setup?

Good to hear you got it figured out.  Is it making some good heat now?

Mschindler300

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 06:38:25 pm »
its a New Nozzle from CK ... and i filter my Oil to 5 Microns.... Maybe it was a fluk and yes Finally im making heat

I order a back up Nozzle if it plugs again Im gonna just replace it I think it was in part I ran my temp Hi to first time I ran it like 230ish .. im running at 170 now

Mschindler300

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 07:47:41 pm »
OK now to Im roughing in the Automation Side of it before i continue Much further to make sure I dont need to install any thing else that could Interfare with my controllers (I like to get everything Layed out before I start tighting things up)  so controlling the Whole Heating and DHW Heating  also controls my Cooling  for each Zone (Up to 64 Zones) im using Honeywell AQ 2000 with 4 zone Expansion Controller Add on for a total of 8 Zones 

each room Or Zone has its own Thermastat that communicats with the controller then communicates with the Boiler or A/C

I got a good deal on this 64 bucks Brand New ... Thank you Ebay and the Seller that didnt No what it was  Retails 700 Bucks with what I got