Author Topic: Hello everyone, I'm from Yorkshire, England  (Read 25303 times)

Alfie

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone, I'm from Yorkshire, England
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 12:22:54 pm »
Do you know the temp of your oil in the  pre heated oil pool? Am I to understand your nozzle sets below the oil level and if so is the level adjustable?
 I can believe that compressed air is abrasive enough to increase the size of your nozzle with 6 or 7 cycles. Is ithe nozzle getting to hot?

Yes the air nozzle sits just below the oil level, and this can be adjusted by screwing the pipe fitting in or out thus rising or lowering the oil level.
  The pre heater is switched off once running, and the supply pipe is wrapped once around the burn chamber to pre heat the oil.
  Maybe this is creating too much pre heating, and is melting or distorting the air nozzle.

Murphy

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 05:13:31 pm »

Alfie,
Found this post through google so I joined the forum to get you some help. 

Can you skype???  I'd imagine a phone call from England isn't going to be all that economical.

There are no fuel nozzles to plug and since your air jet is just passing air, it should not plug either.
That said, there have been issues with them getting plugged but it had nothing to do with oil build-up or anything like that.
Issues have been mostly as follows:
1) People using black iron pipe air lines.  Moisture in the air causes rust, the rust flakes off and plugs the air jet.  The solution is to install a filter like a cotton ball in the pipe.
2) Radiant Heat blow back is melting a tiny composite plastic insert inside the air jet nozzle.  When I originally started using them, the insert was made of brass.  A year or so after, they changed the design and now the insert is plastic.. (very bad).   I called cloudtops and was told the all stainless version is stainless inside and out and there was no plastic on it.    We've had good luck ever since.

As for the comment about finding happy customers.. Most people do not complain loudly that things work correctly..  they take the time and energy to complain loudly only when things go wrong.   The absence of people who are pissed off at me should be a strong indicator that my plans work..  And I do stand firmly behind them. 
My plans are not perfect.. my designs are not perfect.. who's are?   But, they are more than good enough to satisfy 99.999% of all my customers. In fact, most of my customers will eventually tell me they did not expect the level of quality or service they receive.    My burner system works and works well or I would have been too shy to make it public.

If I am not answering your email, I guarantee you it is because I am not getting it for one reason or another.  I answer every email I get and I always pick up my phone.. Always (unless I'm already on it).  In my almost 6 years of doing this, I have never brushed a customer off.. this is why I am still in business.   Customer support is a top priority for me and I have been known to spend 3 to 5 hours on the phone providing tech support to someone who bought a $29.99 Super Oil Sucker plan from me.  Doesn't seem like it pays but its not about the money with me, its about a successful customer so I happily do it.

Hope that helps,

doug

• Can't stop the fire now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 10:30:38 pm »
MURPHY,

Welcome to the forum. Good to hear your side of the story and what was causing Alfie's problem.

Interesting someone would build a nozzle with plastic in it.

doug
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:32:31 pm by doug »
You can't put it on the internet if it isn't true!

http://wasteoilheaterforum.com/index.php?topic=102.0