Author Topic: HELLO FROM CENTRAL OREGON  (Read 2898 times)

MGerdau

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
HELLO FROM CENTRAL OREGON
« on: January 02, 2024, 08:41:22 pm »
I have a Lanair XT-75, that my Wife bought me for my Shop a year ago. I have had some problems with water in my Oil, burned out Control Module; that I replaced and now I'm cooking with Oil - LOL, its keeping my Shop cozy. With the help of Lanair Representative Jose Sanchez, I plumbed a 240 gallon tank into my XT75, which is when I came up with the water in my Oil. I had cut the suction tube down so I could put my tubing from the 240 gallon tank. But when I realized I had over 3 gallons of water in the tank (I did empty the tank before I put any oil in it, the water came from a neighbor who had 55 gallon barrel of oil/water), I went back to the original suction tubing. Which is when I found this forum. I'm trying to find the measurements for the suction tube. I've made one but obviously made it too short, because my heater says its out of oil when its at half of a tank. So, I'm happy to be here and I hope I can get some help.

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: HELLO FROM CENTRAL OREGON
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 12:30:53 pm »
Greetings MGerdau.  Pretty quiet in these parts since other collaborative methods have come along, for example Facebook groups.  I cant help you out with your particular problem, but just wanted to say that I have had the same problem with water in oil from certain sources.  People dont really care about waste oil and often times comes contaminated.  Water can be a real bummer, but thankfully it separates easily.  Good luck with your project!

MGerdau

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Re: HELLO FROM CENTRAL OREGON
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 01:12:50 pm »
Thanks Russ! I don't use any social media. I wonder if anyone may know what the length of the pickup/suction tube is for an XT75 Lanair heater?