Author Topic: Hello from Australia!  (Read 8434 times)

hot oils

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
Hello from Australia!
« on: September 26, 2011, 06:10:19 am »
Hi I'm new to this forum, happy to have found it and now be part of it. Melbourne Australia does get very long, cold and frosty winters and even some periods through the other three seasons. I had to do something to encourage me to keep working efficiently and stop my freezing fingers from cracking using icy spanners at my workshop and wearing layers of clothes. Using conventional heating ate up lots of $ and wanted to do something with all the sump oil from my own mechanic workshop. I had no time to build a WMO oil burner, but soon after at a trade show there was a company selling small waste oil heaters and I ordered one as soon as I saw how it worked, within a week I had it delivered to my workshop, and I had it working that same day in the evening, that was over 14 years ago, It is German made and here it is called Kroll Kosy it works so well, I did some minor modifications to it so I can use the top top plate to cook on and heat the workshop water, it burns any oil which I blend in the 2,000 Lt tanks that I store. So six years ago I bought another one, both work very well with very little maintenance. Since then it has been very comfortable to work and my customers love to sit near it as it works very quietly, I replaced the original noisy fan for a small fan hanging near by to circulate the hot air. Now when I get some free time I would like to build a small portable oil burner to cook on or heat up a small area, so I hope to get some ideas from reading all your stories out there, bye for now.   8)

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Australia!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:00:21 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  We are glad you found us!

Your heater sounds interesting.  Glad to hear it works well for you.  If you get a chance, snap a picture and post it up for us to see.

There are a lot of ideas out here and things should start getting busier as it gets colder here.

Best of luck with your heater!