Author Topic: Burner Problems  (Read 14415 times)

veganxxx

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Burner Problems
« on: August 22, 2011, 04:19:09 pm »
Hi All,

I have a kingbuilt burner (modified becket burner) and a buderus boiler.  It ran fine for two seasons and now is acting up, the company won't call me back to I ask for your expertise.

1. There is lots of gray smoke out the chimney (usually there would be no smoke)

2. The flame flutters.  You can hear it fluttering and as the PSI on the compressed air is raised to the correct value the flame flutters more until it goes out entirely.

So far I've done the following troubleshooting-

1. metered pump flow test
2. no air bubbles in the oil stream from the pump
3. pressurized the fuel system to 20psi and did a leak test
4. returned the burner to the company who claimed it was running fine
5. made sure the filters were not clogged
6. have a small test tank and tried WMO WVO bio and #2 diesel
7. put in a new nozzle
8. tired the air band in all different positions

In all scenarios the burner acts exactly the same

Any suggestions?

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: Burner Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 04:50:05 pm »
Greetings and welcome to the forum.  Things might be a little slow out here until the heating season is upon us, but maybe somebody will chime in and have some suggestions for you.

Does your burner have a nozzle heater on it?  My burner will flutter if the temp isnt high enough.  I couldnt figure out what was going on with it at first, but after some experimenting I found that the oil temp was not high enough.  I raised it and got a nice stead burn.

Good luck with your troubleshooting.

Russ

ecoheating

• View Profile
    • Eco Waste Oil Heaters Website
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 01:08:14 pm »
Sounds like you may have something in your fuel supply that could be causing the problem.  I have never heard of a kingbuilt burner.  Is this something you got online?  I could help more if you had a Clean Burn furnace :D

koolkris

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - koolistdude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 12:51:41 pm »
have you cleaned out the burn chamber ? my crown boiler has many passages the exhaust travels through to heat the water, maybe your boiler is starting to plug up with white chauky ash????