Author Topic: waste oil cooking stove (I need your help!)  (Read 7071 times)

andrew.dykstra

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
waste oil cooking stove (I need your help!)
« on: April 14, 2011, 12:02:37 pm »
Hello,

My name is Andrew Dykstra. I'm an American missionary from Wisconsin, serving with SIM (sim.org), a non-profit Christian ministry, and working within an orphan/ widows project in Nigeria called City Ministries of EMS/ ECWA. I learned of the fact that Nigerians often dump their waste oil on the ground or in the river rather than making use of it, and they are also experiencing rapid deforestation due to cooking with fire wood. I also know of our ministries financial issues and expenses for buying fire wood, so **I have attempted to design a waste oil stove to cook food on**, and it did boil water for cooking, but have issues with not being able to keep oil from streaming out the bottom. While I did attempt to perfect it, various hinderances (job responsibilities, random 6 hour average electricity, difficulty communicating design to Nigerian fabricators, security concerns, etc) kept me from completing this.

We are wondering if you would be willing to help us produce this waste oil cooking stove model (which we are also willing to buy and know of shipping outfits to get it here) that could be helpful to insure provision to our orphans and widows, as well as to help improve Nigeria as a whole.

If you are willing, I can make up drawings of the design that I have and I will give them to you. I believe there are many aspects about this design that are good, but that it just needs some perfecting.

Thank you for your consideration, I hope to hear from you soon.

Andrew Dykstra
SIM missionary
andrew.dykstra@sim.org
andrew.dykstra@yahoo.com

tightwad nik

• The fire has been lit!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: waste oil cooking stove (I need your help!)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 03:37:32 pm »
id like to help, send me instructions to nikjason@aol.com cheers nik

Russ

• Administrator
  • Master Oil Burner
    • View Profile
Re: waste oil cooking stove (I need your help!)
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:39:39 pm »
I'd like to help, but I dont have skills like that.  Burn that waste oil, don't dump it down the river!!