Author Topic: Hello everyone I'm new and have a question  (Read 8299 times)

jbander

• Gettin' the fire started!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello everyone I'm new and have a question
« on: February 16, 2012, 12:54:58 am »
I have a gravity feed parlor stove, with a tank built right on the back, I'm burning half fuel oil and half waste oil, It Goes from the tank through a carburetor, which meters the oil and into a burner bowl, whose inner chamber has very small holes in it,   . the colder it gets the harder it is to start but I've always got it going. It puts out a good amount of heat . One problem I'm having is first, what do I want to do with the damper, I'm setting it so it just opens slightly when it is going full on and secondly, It will only work properly if the tank in back  is half way empty, more then that and it only candles a flame on high, I have adjusted the float on the carburetor and have it working when it's half empty but why does it not work properly until it is half empty.  Do I change the float level up or down or is it something else. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

farmer0_1

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hello everyone I'm new and have a question
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:21:53 am »
i used to have a sparks parlor stove,  if i remember i  always burnt no. 2 diesel and it was rather tough to clean up. as far as the carb goes if you go back to standard fuel how does it run?

jbander

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hello everyone I'm new and have a question
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 04:57:20 pm »
Well I haven't checked , I think it is my adjusting the carburetor thats the problem , When the float is just right, it meters the fuel that is needed . Now in looking back I can't remember why I adjusted it.(probably so it would add more fuel with half being wast oil) The first time I adjusted it, it metered in no fuel , I adjusted it again and I got it to work the way it is now and that is only when the tank is half empty. But if it is half empty it works great. Any thoughts on damper adjustments. This damper is half way up my chimney